Aging and Health Financing in the US: A General Equilibrium Analysis, with Chung Tran and Matthew Chambers (forthcoming in the European Economic Review) Slides
Market Inefficiency, Insurance Mandate and Welfare: U.S. Health Care Reform 2010, with Chung Tran, Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 20, p. 132-159, 2016.
Fiscal Austerity Measures: Spending Cuts vs. Tax Increases, with Gerhard Glomm and Chung Tran, Macroeconomic Dynamics, forthcoming
A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy, with Gerhard Glomm, Economic Inquiry, Vol. 53, Issue 4, p. 1783-1806, 2015
Does Health Insurance Decrease Health Expenditure Risk in Developing Countries? The Case of China, with Jialu Liu-Skeeter, Southern Economic Journal, Vol. 82, Issue 2, p. 361-384, 2015
Medical Consumption over the Life Cycle: Facts from a U.S. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, with Chung Tran, Empirical Economics, Vol. 47, 3, p. 927-957, 2014.
Regulatory Enforcement, Politics, and Institutional Distance: OSHA Inspections 1990-2010, with Michael Makowsky, Journal of Regulatory Economics, Vol. 45, 1, p. 1-33, 2014.
Does the Availability of Parental Health Insurance Affect the College Enrollment Decision of Young Americans? , with Tom Rhoads and Diane Harnek Hall, Economics of Education Review, Vol. 32, p. 49-65, 2013.
The Extension of Social Security Coverage in Developing Countries , with Chung Tran, Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 22, 2, p. 439-458, 2012.
Global Social Interactions with Sequential Binary Decisions: The Case of Marriage, Divorce, and Stigma, with Finn Christensen, The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, Vol. 10 : Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 46, 2010.
Public Sector Pension Policies and Capital Accumulation in an Emerging Economy: The Case of Brazil (slides, WP-version, and technical appendix), with Gerhard Glomm, Changmin Lee and Chung Tran, The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol. 10 : Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 15, 2010.
Macroeconomic Implications of Early Retirement in the Public Sector: The Case of Brazil
(slides), with Gerhard Glomm and Chung Tran, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 33, p.777-797, 2009.
- PI for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)/ Office of the Chief Actuary (OACT) Multi-Agent General Equilibrium Modeling, with Matthew Chambers and Chung Tran, August 2012 - August 2013 ($134,204)
- Towson University Research Fellowship Program,
A Macroeconomic Analysis of the Fiscal Austerity Measures in Greece, with Gerhard Glomm, March 2011 ($6,000)
- PI for R03 Grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Health Care Financing over the Life Cycle: A Quantitative Macroeconomic Analysis of U.S. Health Care Reform Plans, with Chung Tran, August 2010-August 2011 ($66,787)
- World Bank consultant, A Macroeconomics Analysis of the Fiscal System in Egypt, with Gerhard Glomm, completed in June 2010 ($15,000)
- College of Business and Economics Faculty Development Summer Research Grant, Towson University, July 2009 ($6,500)
Social Health Insurance: A Quantitative Exploration, with Chung Tran (submitted)
The Affordable Care Act and College Enrollment Decisions, with Vinish Shrestha (submitted)
In the News
Macroeconomic Analysis of the Fiscal System in Egypt
Gerhard Glomm, World Bank Project, 2010
- Multiple Objective Integer Function Maximization with Genetic Algorithms and Simulated Annealing, with Guenther Grohall, Economics Series No. 141, Institute for Advanced Studies, October 2003
- Kommunaler Wettbewerb um Einzelhandelsstandorte (Regional Competition for Retail Outlets), with
Guenther Grohall, Daniela Grozea-Helmenstein, and Christian Helmenstein in Conturen 02/03, edt.
Theo Faulhaber, Austria Persepektiv, p. 94-105, February 2003
- Perspektiven im Handel (Perspectives of the Austrian Retail Sector), with Gavac, K., E. Gittenberger, G. Grohall, D. Grozea-Helmenstein, C. Helmenstein, A. Hofmann, C. Schneider, P. Schnedlitz, C. Teller, and P. Voithofer), a publication of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce, November 2002