The Affordable Care Act and College Enrollment Decisions, with Vinish Shrestha, Economic Inquiry, forthcoming.
Fiscal Austerity Measures: Spending Cuts vs. Tax Increases, with Gerhard Glomm and Chung Tran, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Vol. 22(2), 2018.
Aging and Health Financing in the US: A General Equilibrium Analysis, with Chung Tran and Matthew Chambers European Economic Review, Vol. 100, p. 428-462, 2017.
Market Inefficiency, Insurance Mandate and Welfare: U.S. Health Care Reform 2010, with Chung Tran, Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 20, p. 132-159, 2016.
A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy, with Gerhard Glomm, Economic Inquiry, Vol. 53, Issue 4, p. 1783-1806, 2015
Does Health Insurance Decrease Health Expenditure Risk in Developing Countries? The Case of China, with Jialu Liu-Skeeter, Southern Economic Journal, Vol. 82, Issue 2, p. 361-384, 2015
Medical Consumption over the Life Cycle: Facts from a U.S. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, with Chung Tran, Empirical Economics, Vol. 47, 3, p. 927-957, 2014.
Regulatory Enforcement, Politics, and Institutional Distance: OSHA Inspections 1990-2010, with Michael Makowsky, Journal of Regulatory Economics, Vol. 45, 1, p. 1-33, 2014.
Does the Availability of Parental Health Insurance Affect the College Enrollment Decision of Young Americans? , with Tom Rhoads and Diane Harnek Hall, Economics of Education Review, Vol. 32, p. 49-65, 2013.
The Extension of Social Security Coverage in Developing Countries , with Chung Tran, Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 22, 2, p. 439-458, 2012.
Global Social Interactions with Sequential Binary Decisions: The Case of Marriage, Divorce, and Stigma, with Finn Christensen, The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, Vol. 10 : Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 46, 2010.
Public Sector Pension Policies and Capital Accumulation in an Emerging Economy: The Case of Brazil (slides, WP-version, and technical appendix), with Gerhard Glomm, Changmin Lee and Chung Tran, The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol. 10 : Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 15, 2010.
Macroeconomic Implications of Early Retirement in the Public Sector: The Case of Brazil
(slides), with Gerhard Glomm and Chung Tran, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 33, p.777-797, 2009.
- PI for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)/ Office of the Chief Actuary (OACT) Multi-Agent General Equilibrium Modeling, with Matthew Chambers and Chung Tran, August 2012 - August 2013 ($134,204)
- Towson University Research Fellowship Program,
A Macroeconomic Analysis of the Fiscal Austerity Measures in Greece, with Gerhard Glomm, March 2011 ($6,000)
- PI for R03 Grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Health Care Financing over the Life Cycle: A Quantitative Macroeconomic Analysis of U.S. Health Care Reform Plans, with Chung Tran, August 2010-August 2011 ($66,787)
- World Bank consultant, A Macroeconomics Analysis of the Fiscal System in Egypt, with Gerhard Glomm, completed in June 2010 ($15,000)
- College of Business and Economics Faculty Development Summer Research Grant, Towson University, July 2009 ($6,500)
Social Health Insurance: A Quantitative Exploration, with Chung Tran (submitted)
In the News
Macroeconomic Analysis of the Fiscal System in Egypt
Gerhard Glomm, World Bank Project, 2010
- Multiple Objective Integer Function Maximization with Genetic Algorithms and Simulated Annealing, with Guenther Grohall, Economics Series No. 141, Institute for Advanced Studies, October 2003
- Kommunaler Wettbewerb um Einzelhandelsstandorte (Regional Competition for Retail Outlets), with
Guenther Grohall, Daniela Grozea-Helmenstein, and Christian Helmenstein in Conturen 02/03, edt.
Theo Faulhaber, Austria Persepektiv, p. 94-105, February 2003
- Perspektiven im Handel (Perspectives of the Austrian Retail Sector), with Gavac, K., E. Gittenberger, G. Grohall, D. Grozea-Helmenstein, C. Helmenstein, A. Hofmann, C. Schneider, P. Schnedlitz, C. Teller, and P. Voithofer), a publication of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce, November 2002